Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From Dec. 9, 2022, to March 6, 2023, we welcomed 13 new funds:
- *Free Clinic of Medina County Fund: Agency endowment fund established to provide free medical care to eligible working residents of Medina County.
- Friends of Richfield Heritage Preserve Endowment Fund: Agency endowment fund established to protect, preserve, enhance and promote Richfield Heritage Preserve.
- *Gray-Kurczynski Family Fund: Designated fund established to support the Regents of the University of Michigan (Rackham Graduate School), Akron Children's Hospital Foundation, and Case Western Reserve University's School of Medicine and College of Arts and Sciences.
- *Frank Heckel and Jerilynn Ferguson Fund: Designated fund established to support the Akron Symphony Orchestra and Summit Metro Parks Foundation.
- JSGB Fund: Donor-advised fund established by an anonymous donor.
- Matt and Morgan Lasher Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Matt and Morgan Lasher.
- Heather and Ross Licata Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Heather and Ross Licata.
- Jim and Sally Little Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Jim and Sally Little.
- Brian and Diana Moore Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Akron Community Foundation board member Brian Moore and his wife, Diana.
- *O Family Designated Fund Two: Designated fund established to support the Humane Society of Summit County, All Hands and Hearts, Patriot PAWS Service Dogs, and VANTAGE Aging.
- St. Mary Urban Education Arts, Drama and Music Fund: Designated fund established to support quality arts, drama and music education for students at St. Mary School in Akron.
- Tegel Family Foundation Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Ben and Tessa Tegel.
- Georjette and Brian Thomas Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Georjette and Brian Thomas.
*Permanently endowed fund
Professional Advisor Partners
Thank you to the following accountants, attorneys and financial advisors for helping their clients achieve their charitable goals with a fund at Akron Community Foundation from Dec. 9, 2022, to March 6, 2023:
- David P. Staats, Staats Rizor Financial Group of UBS Financial Services Inc.