Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From June 7 - Sept. 24, 2021, we welcomed 14 new funds:
- Akron Snow Angels Endowment Fund: Endowment fund established by Akron Snow Angels to support its mission of spreading warmth, connecting with the most vulnerable individuals in our community, and fostering compassionate friendships while inspiring others to do the same.
- Barsella Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by James and Kimberly Barsella.
- Dawley Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Matthew and Amy Dawley.
- Girls on the Run Northeast Ohio Endowment Fund: Endowment fund established by Sylvia Trundle to support Girls on the Run Northeast Ohio’s mission of inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident through a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running.
- International Soap Box Derby Endowment Fund: Endowment fund established by International Soap Box Derby to support its mission of building knowledge and character, and of creating meaningful experiences through collaboration, fair and honest racing competitions, STEM curriculum, and other community-focused activities.
- Pamela and Neal Marks Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Neal and Pamela Marks.
- Danielle and Chris Miller Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Chris and Danielle Miller.
- Coach Terry Ross Achievement Scholarship Fund: Scholarship fund established by Barry and Ann Klein to provide scholarships for previous years' football recipients of the Black Tiger Gridiron Alumni Club Scholarship Fund who are making academic progress and in good standing with their attending college, university or vocational program.
- Christopher and Tracy Soulsby Donor Advised Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Christopher and Tracy Soulsby.
- Stewart's Caring Place Legacy Fund: Designated fund established by David Logsdon to support Stewart's Caring Place’s mission of providing a caring, relaxed environment offering supportive services and programs for individuals and families on their cancer journey at no cost.
- Summit County Opioid Healing Fund: Field-of-interest pass-through fund established by the County of Summit to provide general operating support to nonprofits that serve Summit County residents impacted by the opioid epidemic.
- *TLC Jeremiah 29:11 Fund: Designated fund established by Tracy Carter to support the scholarship program at the Akron Urban League.
- Jean P. Wade Fund: Donor-advised fund established by the Jean P. Wade Foundation.
- Tawnia Wright Legacy Fund: Donor-advised fund established by John Wright.
*Permanently endowed fund