Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From March 15 - June 6, 2021, we welcomed nine new funds:
- Akron Soul Train Endowment Fund: Endowment fund established by Akron Soul Train to support its mission of connecting and empowering the community and artists by granting fellowships that provide resources for all creative disciplines to foster a more vibrant downtown Akron.
- audiochuck Endowment Fund: Endowment fund established by the Porchlight Project to support its mission of assisting the families of people who have been abducted or murdered by providing media attention, investigative services, and funding for DNA testing for Ohio cold cases.
- Ciearra Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund: Scholarship fund established to provide postsecondary scholarships for Firestone CLC seniors who have participated in an athletic program and who demonstrate financial need.
- Grace House Legacy Fund: Designated fund established by David Logsdon to support Grace House Akron's mission of providing compassionate end-of-life care services for indigent, homeless and abandoned individuals in the Greater Akron area.
- *Mary and Roy Hartz Opportunity and Advancement Fund: Endowment fund established by the YMCA Endowment Foundation of Akron to support educational opportunities for YMCA staff and volunteers.
- The J.M. Smucker Company Advised Fund: Corporate-advised fund established by The J.M. Smucker Company.
- The J.M. Smucker Company Mental Health Initiative Fund: Corporate-advised fund established by The J.M. Smucker Company to support mental health initiatives.
- M.A. Watkins Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Mark Watkins.
- Weschler Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Patrick Weschler.
*Permanently endowed fund