Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From June 5 to Oct. 2, 2020, we welcomed 17 new funds:
Summit County COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Relief Grant Program Fund & Summit County COVID-19 Arts and Culture Emergency Relief Grant Program Fund: Established by the County of Summit with Akron Community Foundation to distribute $6.5 million that the county received through section 5001 of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Learn more.
- Antalvari Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Jon and Kathryn Antalvari.
- *Sandy and Mark Auburn Designated Fund: Designated fund established by Drs. Sandy and Mark Auburn to support United Way of Summit & Medina.
- Russell Brode Charitable Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Dennis Brode in honor of late Akron fire union President Russell Brode.
- Ciearra Brown Memorial Fund: Donor-advised fund established in memory of Ciearra Brown.
- Jim Chenot Rock and Recovery Scholarship Fund: Scholarship fund established to provide scholarships for Akron Public Schools seniors with a focus on raising awareness for substance abuse and recovery challenges.
- Happy Trails Farm Animal Sanctuary Endowment Fund: Agency endowment fund established to support the charitable mission of Happy Trails Farm Animal Sanctuary.
- Haws Falasco Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Kimberly Haws Falasco and Dennis Falasco.
- Institute for Emerging Philanthropists Alumni Endowment Fund: Board discretionary fund established to award grants selected by alumni of Akron Community Foundation’s Institute for Emerging Philanthropists.
- *Barbara McIntosh Latchic Fund: Designated fund established to support Akron Summit Community Action, Sigma Chi Foundation, Visiting Nurse Service, and the Community Fund of Akron Community Foundation.
- Linberger Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by George and Angel Linberger.
- Northeast Ohio Spay and Neuter Foundation Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Thomas and Caroline Scardina to support the spaying and neutering of dogs and cats in Ashtabula County.
- *O Family Designated Fund One: Designated fund established to support the Allegro Foundation, Battered Women's Shelter, Hattie Larlham Center for Children with Disabilities, The Ohio State University Foundation, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Richard Siess Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Richard B. Siess.
- Sojourner Truth Project – Akron Fund: Designated fund established by the Summit Suffrage Centennial Committee to support the creation, installation and maintenance of a Sojourner Truth statue in Akron near the site of her historic "Ain't I a Woman?" speech.
- *James E. Sovacool, Jr. Fund: Designated fund established by Marjorie Sovacool in memory of her father to support Akron Snow Angels, Friends of Camp Christopher, St. Vincent de Paul Parish, St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, and the Touchdown Club Foundation of Greater Akron.