Philanthropy for the Business Savvy
We offer a smart way to give for people and companies who are serious about their charitable giving.
Like the more than 1,200 other community foundations in the nation, Akron Community Foundation offers six charitable fund options for organizations, families and individuals to use during and after their lifetime.
Since 1955, residents and organizations of Greater Akron have established 560 charitable funds at the community foundation, including a record-breaking $12 million agency endowment fund established by IBH Foundation and a $5 million corporate-advised fund established by Medical Mutual of Ohio.
But most of the charitable funds were established by devoted community members like Rennick and Dee Andreoli, whose love of children and our natural surroundings has compelled them to help campers with special needs.
Services you can expect
With your fund, you can support activities here in Greater Akron, or any approved nonprofit in the nation. You can be charitable during your lifetime, or you can continue your charitable legacy forever through an endowment fund, from which even your great-great grandchildren can make grants. It truly is giving your way.
Akron Community Foundation makes your charitable giving more straightforward, but also more inspiring for you. Our services include:
- Six types of charitable funds, from donor-advised funds to scholarship funds, all of which are tax smart and tailored to meet your needs.
- Estate planning options to maximize future gifts, provide you with income, and limit tax exposure
- Working with your legal or financial advisors to set up your fund – in some cases they can even continue to manage the assets
- No start up costs. We assess only a small fee on the money you donate and the interest it earns – after you've received the full tax deduction
- Access to the region’s best nonprofits
- Advice from our staff – but only when you want it
- 24/7 online charitable fund access with virtually no paperwork
- Invitations to events with other philanthropists
Websites are wonderful tools, but we emphasize personal contact. If you'd like to explore starting a fund, contact Margaret Medzie, vice president and chief development officer.