Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From June 21 to Sept. 30, 2023, we welcomed 10 new funds:
- Black Giving Collective Fund: Affiliate fund created by the Black community to benefit the Black community in Greater Akron.
- Community Wide Initiatives Fund: Board discretionary fund established to support community-wide initiatives in Summit County.
- *Joyce Fowler Memorial Fund: Designated fund established by Dr. Ronald J. Fowler in memory of his wife, Joyce.
- John Charles Frentz Fund: Board discretionary fund established through an estate gift from John Charles Frentz.
- Fred Frese Memorial Scholarship Fund: Scholarship fund established by NAMI Summit County to provide scholarships for graduate students pursuing a degree in the field of mental health treatment.
- Andrew Geig Memorial Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Lynn Geig and Kelly Geig.
- Ethan Liming Memorial Scholarship Fund: Scholarship fund established to provide scholarships for Firestone CLC seniors who have lettered in a varsity sport.
- Limitless Ambition Endowment Fund: Agency endowment fund established to support Limitless Ambition's mission of helping young women overcome the boundaries to their success.
- *Ranell Minear Fund: Designated fund established by Ranell Minear.
- Scrap Metal Program Fund: Field-of-interest fund established to support a metal recycling program for the benefit of the Greater Akron community.
*Permanently endowed funds
Professional Advisor Partners
Thank you to the following accountants, attorneys and financial advisors for helping their clients achieve their charitable goals with a fund at Akron Community Foundation from June 21 to Sept. 30, 2023:
- Lewis "Trey" E. Bennett III, Stark & Knoll Co.
- Naomi Ganoe, CBIZ MHM LLC
- Robert Malone, Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs
- Mary Jo Morse, Palecek, McIlvaine, Hoffmann & Morse Co.