Medina County Women’s Endowment Fund Grants
In 2016, the Medina County Women’s Endowment Fund awarded grants totaling $11,250 to seven local nonprofits:
|A grant to the Brunswick Educational Foundation is teaching local students to report community news.
- Brunswick Educational Foundation, to support the BEAT Video Program, in which student “backpack journalists” create print, Web and video stories about Medina County initiatives for broadcast by Northeast Ohio media outlets, $2,000
- Children’s Center of Medina County, to purchase educational materials for child sexual abuse prevention programs, $1,000
- Faith in Action Medina County Caregivers, to provide free transportation to and from medical appointments for elderly and disabled women in Medina County, $2,500
- Feeding Medina County, to provide bags of healthy food for hungry students to take home for the weekend, $2,500
- LifeAct, for suicide prevention and depression awareness programs at Brunswick, Buckeye, Cloverleaf, Highland and Medina high schools, $1,500
- Matthew 25 Coalition, to provide emergency assistance to women and children in rural southwest Medina County, $1,000
- OutSupport Inc., to support a leadership program that will help LGBT and allied students in Medina County promote inclusivity and diversity in their schools, $750
See a complete history of Medina County Women's Endowment Fund grants.