Options for Your Nonprofit Clients
Charitable organizations throughout greater Akron are increasingly using Akron Community Foundation to steward their permanent endowments.
The advantages are many:
- The fund enjoys the community foundation’s more advantageous prorated investment fees
- The nonprofit can rely on a consistent stream of income despite continued market volatility
- The community foundation can estimate the fund's annual payout so the nonprofit can accurately budget
- The community foundation's long-term investment policy protects the permanence of the fund
- Gifts to the endowment are above board, and the organization can even adopt language that prevents succeeding boards from invading the fund’s principal for anything other than emergency needs
- The fund can attract donors who prefer giving through the community foundation rather than contributing directly to the organization
- The nonprofit spreads awareness of its mission through the community foundation's annual report, website and other publications
See for yourself how an endowment works. Or, contact Margaret Medzie, vice president of development and donor engagement, or Laura Fink, director of development, for more information about how an agency endowment fund can benefit your nonprofit clients.