Gay Community Endowment Fund Grants
In 2015, the Gay Community Endowment Fund awarded 11 grants totaling $36,361 to Greater Akron nonprofit organizations:
|A grant to the Kent State University Foundation is supporting the university's LGBTQ Student Center.
- Akron Art Museum, to support an art tour program for middle and high school students that challenges their assumptions about gender identity, sexuality, body image and race, $6,220
- Akron Public Schools, to support a student-led cyberbullying prevention and education campaign at Innes Community Learning Center, $3,186
- CASA Board Volunteer Association Inc., to improve the quality of life of LGBT youth in foster care through specialized training for child welfare professionals in Summit County, $1,580
- Cleveland International Film Festival, for screenings of LGBT films in downtown Akron as part of the 40th Cleveland International Film Festival, $2,500
- Community AIDS Network, to support a conference that educates local social workers, teachers and health care workers about the needs of the LGBT community, and to create a digital directory of LGBT-friendly service providers in Northeast Ohio, $6,000
- Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio, to create safe spaces for LGBT youth in local schools, and to establish a network of allies among educators, $875
- Friends of 91.3, to broadcast positive messages about kindness, respect and bullying on KIDJAM! radio in Akron Public Schools, $1,000
- Jewish Family Service of Akron Ohio, for “Reaching Akron’s Silent Generation,” a program that provides education, counseling and social support for LGBT senior citizens, $5,000
- Kent State University Foundation Inc., for the LGBTQ Student Center at Kent State University, $5,000
- OutSupport Inc., to increase the visibility of this local LGBT advocacy group through outreach and promotional materials, $3,500
- Stewart’s Caring Place, to increase the agency’s support of LGBT cancer patients and their families through cultural competency training for staff and volunteers, $1,500
See a complete history of Gay Community Endowment Fund grants.