The Beyond the Table grant award program is a neighborhood-based initiative that encourages new and creative projects aligned with Akron Community Foundation’s On the Table Greater Akron priorities.
Beyond the Table is designed to strengthen and provide resources to neighborhood-based groups seeking to improve their community. Goals of the program include:
- Fostering relationships between area residents and organizations through neighborhood-based projects and activities
- Increasing citizen involvement in neighborhood problem-solving
Beyond the Table provides matching grants to organizations focusing on:
- Diversity, Equity and Social Inclusion
- Drugs and Addiction
- Education and Youth Development
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 will be awarded annually. The match requirement is dollar-for-dollar and must be secured or committed before the project begins.
Applications are due to Akron Community Foundation by Aug. 1.
Eligible applicants include social service agencies, educational institutions, neighborhood-based organizations, and community development corporations. Applicants may define the boundaries for the project area.
To be eligible, programs and projects must:
- Provide a public benefit to a specific neighborhood
- Relate to On the Table Greater Akron priorities
- Represent a new or expanded initiative that currently does not exist