Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From Oct. 20 to Dec. 12, 2022, we welcomed 6 new funds:
- Marcia Deist Fund: Board discretionary fund established by Marcia Deist.
- Green Community Fund: Affiliate fund established to strengthen the Green community by supporting meaningful civic and community initiatives.
- Hoffmann Joseph Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Linda Hoffmann Joseph.
- Portage Path Behavioral Health Endowment Fund: Agency endowment fund established to support the organization's mission of guiding people on the path to recovery from mental illness and related substance use issues.
- The Charles and Salome Reymann Foundation Fund: Donor-advised fund established by the Charles and Salome Reymann Foundation.
- Wadsworth Drug Free Community Coalition Fund: Designated fund established by the Wadsworth Drug Free Community Coalition to support substance abuse education programs for students and families in the Wadsworth City School District.
*Permanently endowed fund
Professional Advisor Partners
Thank you to the following accountants, attorneys and financial advisors for helping their clients achieve their charitable goals with a fund at Akron Community Foundation from Oct. 20 to Dec. 12, 2022:
- David A. Kucharski, Dorman Legacy Advisors LLC