Hundreds of individuals, families, nonprofits and local businesses have trusted Akron Community Foundation with their philanthropy over the years. Whether they started a donor-advised fund to give back to their favorite causes, a scholarship fund to help students pursue their educational dreams, or an agency endowment fund to support their nonprofit's mission, all of our fundholders are giving back to the community in meaningful ways.
The following new funds have joined their ranks, and you can, too. Learn how easy it is to start your own charitable fund.
From Oct. 1 to Dec. 11, 2023, we welcomed 3 new funds:
- The Bean Fund: Donor-advised fund established by an anonymous family.
- Locastro Family Fund: Donor-advised fund established by Dr. Anthony Locastro.
- Robert W. Stanton Scholarship Fund: Scholarship fund established to provide scholarships for Theodore Roosevelt High School (Kent Roosevelt) seniors who have previously graduated from Stanton Middle School.
*Permanently endowed funds
Professional Advisor Partners
Thank you to the following accountants, attorneys and financial advisors for helping their clients achieve their charitable goals with a fund at Akron Community Foundation from Oct. 1 to Dec. 11, 2023:
- Lewis "Trey" E. Bennett III, Stark & Knoll Co.
- Jesse Hurst, Impel Wealth Management