Thank you for your patience and support during the aftermath of our Jan. 10 fire. We are pleased to report that our recovery is in full swing, and we expect our building to be completely restored in six to nine months.
This blaze of unknown origin damaged half of the interior of our building. While the majority of our 16-person staff has been operating in the other half, we have found it necessary to temporarily relocate to expedite our restoration efforts and ensure everyone is working in the same location. This move is covered by the community foundation’s insurance policy, which includes business interruption coverage, and should last no more than nine months.
Starting March 24, Akron Community Foundation’s office will be located in the U.S. Bank Building at 195 S. Main St., Suite 300 in downtown Akron across from Lock 3 Park. We will be closed March 17-21 to facilitate this move, which will include the relocation of our server, phones and file system.
What to expect:
- Staff will not receive emails March 17-21. Emails and phone messages sent during this period will be queued and available to staff when business resumes Monday, March 24, at 9 a.m.
- The West Cedar Street building will be closed to the public starting at the end of business on March 14 until further notice.
- We will not be receiving faxes after 5 p.m. on March 14 until we reopen on Monday, March 24.
- Mail sent to 345 W. Cedar St. will be forwarded to our temporary location, or you may use the following address: 195 S. Main St., STE 300, Akron, OH, 44308.
- Staff phone numbers will remain the same and will roll into our main line, 330-376-8522.
- Business hours will continue to be 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Metered parking is available in front of our building directly across the street from Lock 3 Park. You may also park in the Summit County Parking Deck at 200 S. High St. You must enter the deck through the entrance on High Street.
- If entering the building from the parking deck, you will need to take the elevator (located on the north end of the deck) to the fourth floor. After exiting, you will go left out of the elevator and left at the skyway. Our building (U.S. Bank Building, 195) will be the first one on your right. Once entering the building, you will be on the fourth floor and will need to take the elevator to the third floor, where you will enter our office suite. If taking the parking garage stairs, go to floor 4B and take the skyway.
If you have any questions during this time, don’t hesitate to contact us
. If you reach out during the week we’re closed, we’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.
John T. Petures Jr., president and CEO
Mark S. Allio, board chair